Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Software that supports my workflow

An acquaintance recently asked me what type of software I used to process my images. I started a list on the whiteboard in my office and he asked me if I had a blog somewhere where I could post the list. As it turns out, I do. This one. I just keep forgetting about it. At any rate these are the products I use in my workflows:

Nikon Transfer - Comes with my Nikon DLSRs. I use it as a CF card sucker
iMatch - My DAM database
Adobe Lightroom - Currently in beta, but already a pretty capable product
Adobe Photoshop CS - Like I have a choice. Sometimes you've got to retouch. If yer gonna do it. This is the only way.
Qimage Studio - When I can't print from lightroom, this is the best print/print sharpening utility I've found.
Quadtone RIP/QTR GUI - Produces outstanding B&W prints on my Epson 2200 which uses Mediastreet Generations Archival Ink. In.dis.pensible.
Profile Prism - Printer profiling software from the same folks that produce Qimage. Allows me to create and fine tune profile for each of the different ink/paper combinations I use with my inkjet printers.

So there you have it. In a later post, I'll talk a little more about my workflows: color and black and white.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home